Sunday, November 7, 2010

Summary Post C4K 3-7

Levi (year 4 class at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ.)
His post was entitled "Crazy Monkey".  He described a monkey eating a banana.  He used so many adjectives I felt like I was the crazy monkey ripping into the banana with my teeth, tasting the bitter peel and drooling on myself when I tasty the creamy banana inside. 


My Comment for Levi
Hello Levi, I'm Josh King. I'm from the Unites States and in college at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I don't think I've ever wanted a banana as bad as I want one right now! I think I'm going to just eat the creamy, tasty, fantastic part of the banana and not the yellow, nasty skin.
I really like your writing. It has many crazy monkey characteristics. All the descriptions gave me a clear picture of how a monkey really looks when he eats a banana. That is awesome that you were able to do that! Keep up the good work.

Jay (in grade 6 at a school half and hour away from Hobart which is the capital city of the Australian island Tasmania)
This may or may not be surprising but this 6th grade boy loves video games!  In fact, all of his blog posts were about different games he had recently played.  Desert Storm 2: Back to Baghdad was his most recent post.  He was most interested in all the different weaponry available in the game.  Why do we like video games so much?  (I include myself in this because if I had more free time I would play some of the games he is describing.)  We love action; we love story lines; and we want to be involved in both!  All these things are key to in getting students to be engaged learners.

My comment for Jay
Hello Jay,
I’m college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL, USA. As a video game player myself, I enjoyed reading your blogs! I think what we enjoy most about games is being able to interact through the game and do all these crazy things like run around as a blue Avatar man or shoot really cool weapons. I also like a really good story plot in a game like in the game Mass Effect or Oblivion. It’s pretty cool to think that we can experience and learn things through a game, but that should not take away from the importance of learning from your teachers or from your parents.
Keep up the good work and keep blogging!

Liam (from the same school as Jay, only Liam is in grade 7) 
His post was about different search engines you can use.  I thought this was really cool because I usually only use Google, but there are many different search engines out there.  The ones he listed are very visual search engines.  I bet he is a visual learner as well!  Here are the engines he listed

 1.Sleedo.I like Sleedo because every time you search something you are donating 10 grains of rice to the poor. Here is the URL with a hyperlink.          http://www.sleedo.com/     
2. I like search cubebecause it is cool and it is a visual search so you type in what you want and it comes up with the things that you’ve searched for like google.            http://search-cube.com/
3.I like blacklebecause it is black and it is also a google custom search and the reason why it is black is becuase it is to save power        http://www.blackle.com/


My Comment for Liam 
Hello, Liam
This is Josh King. I’m in a class called EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. It’s in Mobile, Alabama USA.
I really like these search engines! I’ve actually never used or heard of any of these. I really like the visual effects of search-cube. It makes searching and learning fun! I’m not really sure but sleedo wasn’t working, maybe the site was down, but I’ll try again later.
Thank you for sharing these and teaching me!
p.s here is a visual search engine I found.. http://search.spacetime.com/


Riely S.
We are the FUTURE.
We are the PAST.
We stand LEGENDARY.
The TIME IS NOW.
WE SHOW THEM HOW ITS DONE!

My Comment for Riely
Hey Riley, This is an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. This is a very inspirational post! I’m not really sure what you are describing, but to different people it can mean different things. That is what makes this post so good. I took it as describing your generation! Keep up the great work and show them how it’s done!

Autumn
She blogged about being drug free.  It was red ribbon week at their school and she learned about the importance of being drug free.  She said, "you have a  life don't waste it”. So, I would just like to be drug free growing up. If you are around an environment that has drugs, try to keep yourself away fome some where like that because it all depends on you to keep your life, body and yourself  DRUG FREE. So make your self safe by staying away from drugs."  These are great words from a young lady!

My Comment for Autumn
Hello Autumn, I'm in college at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL.  I think you have an amazing future ahead of you!  Planning to be drug free and knowing the importance of being drug free shows that you are very mature.  Keep up the wonderful blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment